Building for our future
2020欧洲杯体育手机投注great schools continuously evolve. millfield's outstanding facilities create an extraordinary campus which has inspired generations of students to immerse themselves in academic study, culture and sport to express their intellectual, creative and physical potential. maintaining this calibre of learning environment has been achieved through the school's continued and significant capital investment, alongside generous donations from the wider millfield community.
millfield's vision for campus development is summarised in millfield 2035, the school's campus masterplan which identifies future needs and priortises campus developments. the key themes for development are:
- To deliver 21st century Teaching and Learning spaces underpinned by 21st century ICT infrastructure
- To enhance and develop high quality boarding and day student accommodation
- To provide on campus staff housing that further develops Millfield as a learning community
- To reinforce Millfield sports facilities as the benchmark for the independent sector
- To provide appropriate business administration facilities
- To maximise energy efficiencies in all physical development projects and construction techniques
- To enhance the general infrastructure to facilitate efficient parking, controlled entry and exit routes and roads
2020欧洲杯体育手机投注the latest addition to our facilities are the new indoor cricket and golf centres, with world-leading technology, including through motion tracking and simulation software, placing millfield at the forefront of school and university facilities for both sports.
Millfield's current and recent exciting campus development works include:
- New indoor cricket and golf centres;
- Athletics track project – resurface, create fibre sand football/rugby pitch, relocate long /triple jump, new pole vault area, new practice throw area, installation of new floodlighting.
- Seven new staff houses;
- Refurbishment of areas in Kingweston boarding house and other houses;
- Completion of the Hobson classrooms and staff resources area;
- Jubilee changing rooms and office space;
- Sixth Form Club refurbishment;
- Renovation and upgrade of campus and boarding CCTV infrastructure.
- Reconstruction of 2 tennis courts installing acrylic surface.
2020欧洲杯体育手机投注future projects include:
- Internal refurbishment of B block (2019/20 & 2020/21)
- New campus toilet facility next to A block;
- New Day house construction;
- Remodelling of the Library to refurbish and create a two storey section including a dedicated Sixth Form centre;
- Continued refurbishment of boarding house and teaching accommodation.
- New Café next to the swimming pool and athletics track.
Millfield Prep recent works:
- Music department – complete internal refurbishment
- Berewall boarding house – internal and external refurbishment including furniture
- Assembly Hall – window and door replacements
- Science hut refurbishments
- New entrance reception and waiting room
- Swimming pool systems and changing rooms refurbishment
- Various boarding house refurbishments.
- Rebuilt hockey astro
- Netball/tennis show court
- New athletics sprint area and jump area
- New treehouse play area
- Playground upgrade
- Riding arena resurfaced
- New 4 bay cricket nets
Millfield Pre-Prep recent works:
- Major internal decoration
- New Pre-Prep play area
- Complete re-roof